Thursday, May 22, 2008

Season Finales=Disappointment :(

At the beginning of last week I had 4 programs to watch on TV, they have since all wrapped up, and I definitely have something to say about each one. TV this year was a real disappointment, due to the writers strike, but at least we got a few more episodes of our favorites shows these past few weeks.
#1 The Office
The Office hasn't quite been up to par since the strike ended, but we have still enjoyed watching. The season finale was actually really good. Well good that is until Jim was all set to propose to Pam, and Andy Bernard stole his moment.I was so upset! What a disappointment. If I only knew, TV was only going to get worse from there!
#2 The Utah Jazz
The Jazz had another up and down season, and with their All-Star player all but disappearing in the playoffs, the chances of beating the Lakers were very slim. I have always thought, and continue to think, that the NBA is kind of set up, to allow certain teams to win. And never has it been more obvious than this season, when they obviously want an LA/Boston Finals. But when it really comes down to it, the Jazz shot themselves in the foot. They lost to the Lakers in the second round, in 6 games. I wasn't surprised, but I was as always disappointed. For over 20 years I have been a Jazz fan, and for over 20 years I have been disappointed at the end of the season.
#3 Desperate Housewives
Somewhere along the line, I started watching Desperate Housewives, and I must say, I absolutely love the show. The finale was actually really good, up until the very last scene. At the very end of the show they did a flash to 5 Years Later. Apparently the show is going to pick up 5 years from where it was at the end of the season...interesting. Anyway, the flash forward was actually really good up until the last scene when it showed Susan kissing some mystery man. WHAT? I mean sure they are no Lois and Clark...but Susan and Mike are such a great couple on the show, and they have been through so much to get together. So my guess about where Mike goes, either he is dead, or Susan has left him because he is back on prescription drugs. If nothing else the finale left plenty of room for discussion, and much to look forward to next season.
#4 American Idol
The biggest disappointment to me for sure was the American Idol Finale. All season long I have been rooting for fellow Utahn David Archuleta. He had a killer night during the finale performances, and has been great all season, so I figured he had it in the bag. Yet somehow, David Cook won by 12 million votes. Of course AI got exactly what they wanted, and have been promoting all season. It is just disappointing, that once again the best contestant didn't win. Great job this season David Archuleta!
So as another season of television wraps up, I can finally break free from the hold TV has on me Sunday through Thursday evenings! I am already looking forward to next season, especially the return on Prison Break and 24, and of course the Office, Desperate Housewives, and yes even American Idol! In the meantime, I will enjoy my summer, take an opportunity to get out and enjoy great outdoors, and finally catch up on my movie watching!

1 comment:

Kris said...

are you kidding??? I have LOVED the office since the strike. The finale was the best ever!!! I laughed so hard I couldn't handle it..... I love that you have two blogs.... I am not clever enough to even do one....